OH5-OSU Summer Undergraduate Research Experience (SURE Program)
APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2023 SURE PROGRAM ARE NOW CLOSED. PLANNING FOR THE 2024 PROGRAM IS UNDERWAY. CHECK BACK SOON!
The Ohio Five-Ohio State University Summer Undergraduate Research Experience (SURE) program offers up to 30 research internship positions exclusively for Ohio Five students. The program provides Ohio Five interns opportunities to partner with OSU faculty members and participate in work that contributes to the faculty members’ research priorities.
- 10 Week paid internship program
- Work at OSU in an R-1 university laboratory: gain experience working with OSU senior faculty, undergraduate and graduate students, and postdoctoral fellows -- an ideal introduction to the graduate school research experience
- Full Time Research: 38 hours per week at $13.16 per hour, earning approximate gross wages of $5,000 for the anticipated full 10 weeks (individual mentors may adjust the contract term based upon their research programs’ needs)
- OSU campus housing is provided for the duration of the program
- Capstone Event: At the conclusion of the program, students will present their research to OSU faculty and faculty and academic deans from their home institution
- Full program details are available on the OH5-OSU SURE Program website
- The program is open to currently-enrolled students at the OH5 institutions: Denison University, Kenyon College, Oberlin College, Ohio Wesleyan University, and The College of Wooster
- Special focus on students completing their sophomore or junior years. Applications from women and members of underrepresented groups, including international students, are highly encouraged.
- Students may be from any major, but are expected to have completed foundational coursework in the proposed area of research. Those who initiate research projects they wish to continue may be invited to continue these activities with OSU following the internship.
- The program is especially suited to students interested in a graduate degree in the sciences that they may consider pursuing at OSU.
Questions? Please contact Tracy Rudisill, Director of Operations, The Five Colleges of Ohio at firstname.lastname@example.org.