WORKSHOPS for Academic Year 2017-2018
For more information, please refer to the point of contact or college program identified. Unless noted otherwise, workshops will be offered first to a college's own faculty and then to faculty in the OH5 as space is available.
Winter Workshops - to be offered January 16-19, 2018 through the Writing Program Committee
- Working with Multi-lingual Learners
- Grappling with Grammar -
- All About the W-101: Introductory Writing Seminar
Workshops offered by the Center for Learning and Teaching
- Integrated Course and Syllabus Design Workshop - This workshop is based on a learner-centered appreach to designing courses and syllabi. The goal of the workshop is to help participants acquire a deeper understanding of this approach and to facilitate innovative design or revision of courses.
Workshops offered by the Alford Service Learning Advisory Group
- Teaching and Learning Outside of the Classroom: Deepening Student Learning and Engagement via Service and Experiential Learning - Service and experiential learning are considered "high impact practices" in higher education. This hands-on workshop will focus on how these pedagogies can help faculty meet learning goals in specific classes, in ways that foster students' deep content learning and engagement. This workshop is appropriate for participants who are at any stage of the course design process.
- Crossroads Faculty Seminar in African and African Diaspora Studies.
- Oral History in the Liberal Arts Institute.